Saturday, July 12, 2008

Patrick Swayze Calls Chemo 'Hell on Wheels'


The talented actor Patrick Swayze is opening up about his cancer treatment and outlook towards the future.

In his first interview since his return to acting after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last January, the actor tells The New York Times that he's put 20 pounds back on since experiencing weight loss as he fought the disease, thanks to "muscle-building shakes."

Currently on location for his new TV series "The Beast," he has managed to defy expectations. So far he's only missed a day and a half of work. "I'm still fine to work," he says. "I haven't changed -- oh, I have changed, what am I saying? It's a battle zone I go through. Chemo, no matter how you cut it, is hell on wheels."

Still, his progress is encouraging. With the support of top docs and Lisa Niemi, his wife of 32 years, there is already talk of filming a second season on his new show. "There is probably that little bird that flies through your insides and says, 'I sure would like to make a mark in life,'" he tells the Times. "I've made a pretty decent mark so far -- nothing to scoff at. But it does make you think: Wait a minute. There's more I want to do. Lots more. Get on with it." i hope he will recover soon.

No comments: