Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kate Winslet Wins Two Globes in One Night


Actress Kate Winslet, who joked early in the evening that she's not used to winning awards, won two Golden Globes, for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture and Best Actress in a Motion Picture.

Picking up her first award, for Best Supporting Actress in 'The Reader,' she joked, "I have a habit of not winning things."

When her name was called for Best Actress for 'Revolutionary Road,' the actress, who had been nominated for five Golden Globes in past years but had never won, was overcome with emotion and was initially speechless.

She took the stage, addressing her fellow actresses in the category: "I'm so sorry, Anne [Hathaway], Meryl [Streep], Kristin [Scott Thomas], oh God who's the other one, Angelina [Jolie]. Forgive me. Gather. Is this really happening?"

She addressed both her husband, Sam Mendes, who directed her in the film, and her leading man, Leonardo DiCaprio, calling them, "two incredible men who are such special people in my world."

She told DiCaprio, with whom she first shared the screen in 1997's epic blockbuster 'Titanic,' that she'd loved him for 13 years, going on to say, "I love you with all my heart I really do."

She then told her husband, "I loved every second of working with you and it made me love you even more."

No comments: